Office: Management Block, Second floor, Room – M308, Meeting Hours – 10 am to 1 pm or on
Educational Details: B. Arch – 1992, Shivaji University
M. Arch. - (Architectural Conservation )- 2008, University of Pune Ph. D. – 2017 , Rashtrasant Tukdoji Maharaj , University of Nagpur
Teaching As Core Faculty in
- School of Architecture, Symbiosis Skills and Open University (SSOU), Pune as Director Since January 2019
- Aayojan School of School Architecture and Design as Director (ORC) –August 2018 to Dec.2018
- McGAN’s Ooty of Architecture as Principal –June 2015 to May 2018
- McGAN’s Ooty School of Fashion and Design as Principal –June 2015 to May 2018
- Sinhgad College of Architecture as Associate Professor & HOD, – Jan 2003 to June 2015
- Sinhgad Institute of Interior Design as Principal (additional Charge ) - 2011 to 2013
- Sinhgad Institute of Interior Design as HOD - 2005 to 2007
As Visiting Faculty
- NDMVPS College of Architecture, Nashik – Academic Years 1993 – 1999
- B.V. College of Architecture , Pune Academic Year 2002- 2003
- Executive Committee Member, Maharashtra Association of Schools of Architecture.
- Empanelled as a Conservation Consultant on the Heritage Panel of Pune Municipal Corporation, Pune, and Maharashtra
- .Member, Working committee for Operational Guidelines of International Council of Monuments and Sites, India
- Member, National Scientific Committees for Legal Administrative & Financial Issues
- Member, National Scientific Committee Historic Towns & Villages of International Council of Monuments and Sites, India.
- Member, INTACH.
- Member Secretary, Heritage Council, McGAN’ S Ooty School of Architecture.
- Practicing as Consulting Conservation Architect Since 2008
- Practicing as Consulting Architect through Gauri & Nitin Shiurkar since 1997
- Associate Architect - M/s Planner’s Associates, Nasik since1993 to 1997
- 1 Year as Assistant Architect – Sudhir Doshi & Associates, Kolhapur.
- Heritage Conservation
- Heritage Management
- Architectural Education and Teaching Pedagogy
- Listing and Communication
- Graphics and Presentation
- Creative thinking and Problem Solving
- Management and Effective administration
Research Papers / Books
Funded Research by UGC, Board of College and University Development (BCUD), University of Pune (Duration 2009 to 2012 )
Sub: Conservation of Royal Heritage Interiors in Southern Maharashtra
Documentation of 100 Heritage Buildings in Chennai: Funded by Chennai Metropolitan Development Authority, Chennai
Books 1. Interiors in Southern Maharashtra‟ in progress
2. Guidelines for the Conservation of Proposal of Conservation Guidelines for the Ancient Heritage buildings in South India.‟ in progress, Publisher: McGAN’s Heritage Cell.
3. Heritage of Chennai ( A documentation of 100 buildings) in progress, Publisher: McGAN’s Heritage Cell.
Research Paper Publications:
- Amity Global History Review, Volume 1, Title : People’s Role in preserving the Heritage cities in India.
- oceedings of International Symposium at Center for Built Environment, Calcutta, November 2013. Organized By - Center for Built Environment , Calcutta, Theme: Cities under Restoration Title: Public Participation in Conservation and Management of Historic Urban Landscape
- oceedings of International Conference at University of Moratuwa, Colombo October 2013 Organized By –University of Moratuwa , Theme: Cities, People and Places , Title: Tracing the identity of a city
- blished an article on Interior Design in Kesari’s Special Edition on Architecture and Interior Design.
- blished an article on Conservation of Royal Heritage Interiors in Dimension Next 2008 Issue.
- blished an article on Role of Conservation in Tourism in IIA Journal in Sept.2008
- 1. QIP on Interior Design-Designing for the Future, in collaboration with NIASA, COA (Oct. 2009)
- 2. QIP on ‘Computing in Architectural Education, Research and Practice’ in collaboration with COA- TRC (Jan . 2017)
- Leadership Development for HODs & Principals at Sinhgad Institute ( June 2014 & March 2015)
- Inspection Reforms by CoA and PVP College of Architecture, Pune. ( Feb.2014)
- Effective Techniques for Research Paper writing and Publication (Oct. 2011)
- Project based learning by UNESCO At Sinhgad Institutes, Lonawala.( March 2011)
- Gateway to Ph.D. by Sinhgad Institute of Management (Feb.2010)
- Research Directions in Undergraduate Dissertation, BKPS & UoP, Pune(Jan.2010)
- Basic Design, Aesthetics and creativity in Architecture by NIASA (April- 2008)
- Architectural Curriculum Design & Development by NIASA. (April – 2007)
- Interior Design traditions in India, CEPT, Ahmedabad ( Sept.2008)
- .Interior Design in Architecture by SPA, JNTU, Hyderabad (Nov. 2006)
- . Early Faculty Induction Program by COA & BKPS, Pune. (July 2004)
- Organized Seminar for Proposal of the guidelines for the Conservation Guidelines for the Ancient Heritage buildings in South India.
- Organized QIP on “Computing un Architecture” with COA-TRC at McGAN’s Ooty School of Architecture, in January 2017 .
- Organized Ooty Art Show in Ooty Festival , Ooty ( May 2015,2016,2017, 2018)
- Organized Tribal Arts workshops for the schools in and around Ooty in McGAN’s Ooty School of Architecture. (Every Saturday since June 2016)
- Organized Zonal NASA Panel Discussion for South zone at McGAN’s Ooty School of Architecture in July 2015.
- Organized NIASA Thesis Competition for South Zone at McGAN‟s Ooty School of Architecture in August 2015.
- Co-convener , National Conference on Urban Issues and Architectural Interventions at Sinhgad College of Architecture, Pune in February 2015
- Co-convener, 24th ESEEED Architect’s National Convention in Pune in January 2015.
- Co-convener, State level Seminar on Research Methods and Design at Sinhgad College of Architecture, Pune in December 2014
- Member of organizing committee for ‘Women in Architecture’, a National Conference by IIA and CoA., January 2013
- Member of organizing committee for „IIA National Congress‟ a National Conference by IIA and CoA, October 2010
- Member of organizing committee for Maharashtra Association of Schools of Architecture (MASA) Annual Convention in Pune in 2011.
- Coordinator, QIP on Interior Design-Designing for the Future in collaboration with NIASA/ COA-TRC (Oct.2009)
- WINGS‟ – a hands on workshop on Alternative Building Techniques in collaboration with IIID and IFIA( International Federation of Interior Architects) at STES in Nov.2008
- Annual Student’s Exhibition for students and the Annual Mega Event for SIID&D and SCOA, B.Arch (ID) Since 2004 to 2015.
- Cultural coordinator for Sinhgad Institute since 2003 to 2015.
- Member of Sinhgad Cultural Committee since 2004 to 2015
- Member of organizing committee for Young Architect’s Convention, Nashik. -1998
Conference and Symposia Presentations:
- International Conference at University of Moratuwa, Colombo October 2013 Organized By – University of Moratuwa , Theme: Cities, People and Places , Title: Tracing the identity of a city
- International Symposium at Center for Built Environment , Calcutta, November2013 Organized By - Center for Built Environment , Calcutta, Theme: Cities under Restoration Title: Public Participation in Conservation and Management of Historic Urban Landscape.
- International Conference on Research for Resurgence, Nagpur , February. Title: Public Participation in the rejuvenation of Heritage cities in India
- International Conferee nce on Global History in Amity University New Delhi , September 2016 . Title : People’s Role in preserving the Heritage cities in India.
Achievements in the field of Academics:
- Awarded by Indian Institute of Architects, Pune Chapter for the contribution in the field of academics.
- Interview published in the Lokmat Times (Career Supplement) in Nagpur, Nashik and Aurangabad edition on 6th July 2018 on page 2.
- Resource Person in COA-TRC
- Interview published on the website „ https://www.sawdust.online/interviews/.
- McGAN’s Ooty School of Architecture has been listed on number 12 in the top 15 colleges in the National Ranking declared by NASA India in 2018.
- McGAN’s Ooty School of Architecture has won the Overall Championship Trophy and Ruben’s Trophy for Academic Excellence in South Zonal NASA Convention ( National Association of Students of Architecture) consecutively in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- Chief Editor of Research Journal ‘MADLAB’, Research Journal by McGAN’s Ooty School of Architecture.
- Jury Member for a Series of National Competitions in Architectural Journalism by ‘Architecture Now’ (https://architecturejournalismseries.wordpress.com/jurors-profile/ ).
- National Jury for INSDAG Architectural Awards, A national level Design Competition by
- Indian National Steel Development and Growth by Ministry OF Steel for the year 2015, 2016 and 2017.
- Prepared Course Structure & Syllabus of B.Arch. (Interior Design) for University of Pune.
- Appointed as an Expert Committee member by AICTE.
- Appointed as an Expert Committee member by Council of Architecture.
- Appointed by Maharashtra Board of Technical Education as a representative of MSBTE Since 2005 to 2007
- Member of the committee for the Approval of New courses and Institutes. and Assessment Norms for short term Non AICTE Diploma Courses
- Member of the committee for preparation of Academic Implementation
- Member of the committee for Curriculum Revision for Diploma and Post Diploma in Interior Design
- Appointed as External Senior Supervisor by University of Pune in Dec 2015
- Series of lectures on “Career Opportunities in Architecture and Design‟ under awareness programs in Maharashtra and TamilNadu.