FIE, Member IIW, Chartered Engineer
Fatigue and Fracture of Weld Joint; Vehicle Dynamics; Vibrations
Charudatta Pathak completed his schooling from St Aloysius High School Bhusawal; Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from Government Polytechnic Yeotmal in 1992; graduation from SSVPS College of Engineering in 1995; post-graduation in Mechanical Engineering with CAD/CAM specialization from L.D. College of Engineering Ahmedabad in 2000 and Ph.D. from College of Engineering, Pune in 2011 under the guidance of Dr. L. G. Navale and Dr. A. D. Sahasrabuddhe.
His research topic was “Analysis of Weld-Joint Fracture and Its Numerical Simulation ” He has received a research grant from Savitribai Phule Pune University (formerly University of Pune) for his Ph.D. work.
He has 20 years of teaching experience and around 3 years of industrial experience. He is teaching post-graduate classes since 2004. He has worked in Magna Steyr India as a Project Lead in CAE department. He is recognized research guide of Savitribai Phule Pune University in Mechanical Engineering. Two students have completed Ph. D. under his guidance and currently, three students are working under his guidance. He has completed several consultancy assignments in the area of design and automation. He has delivered expert lectures in reputed industries and institutes. He is an advisor on the research board of ARAI. He has also organized training programs and workshops for teachers and persons from industry.
Rewards and Recognition
Established High-Performance Computing Lab for CAE Simulation in 2010
Received MODROB grant of Rs 13 Lakhs from AICTE in 20014
Recognized reviewer of
- International Journal Vehicle System Dynamics published by Taylor & Francis
- International Journal of Automotive and Mechanical Engineering Scopus indexed journal
- International Journal of Automotive Engineering and Technologies
UG - Operations Research, Manufacturing Processes, Theory of Machines, Production Technology, Machine Design, Machine Drawing and Computer Graphics, CAD / CAM and Automation, Numerical Methods, Numerical Methods in CFD (Shared with Late Dr. M. S. Loknath), Engineering Graphics, Strength of Materials, Dynamics of Machinery, Finite Element Analysis.
PG- Machine Stress Analysis CAD / CAE Numerical Methods Vehicle Dynamics Optimization Techniques, Automotive Engine Design, Material Science and Mechanical Behaviour of Materials, Fatigue and Fracture Mechanics, Advanced Stress Analysis.
Key Skills: High Performance Computing, Ansys, Abaqus, Nastran, AutoCAD, CATIA, Pro/ENGINEER, MSC.Fatigue, FEMFAT, ANSA, Hypermesh, I-DEAS, NISA, Matlab, Welding Simulation
- Bewoor A. K., Pathak C. S., Computer Graphics Simulation of Robot Arm Kinematics, Proceedings of National Conference on Recent Trends in Manufacturing Modeling and Analysis (MMA), 30-31 January 2004, St. Joseph’s College of Engineering-Chennai-India.
- C. S. Pathak, V. B. Bhandari and L. G. Navale, Crack Propagation in Weldment three point bend specimen, National Conference on ‘Advances in Manufacturing Technology in the Era of Globalization – 2005’, 21-22 January 2005, College of Engineering Pune INDIA
- Charudatta Pathak, Establishing links between industry and professional institutes in the areas of mutual benefits, ‘International Conference on Engineering Education ICEE 2002’ held at Manchester, UK August 18-22, 2002.
- Pramod Kachave, Ajit More, S. G. Bhirud and Charudatta Pathak, Knowledge based expert system for online examination, ‘International Conference on Engineering Education ICEE 2002’ held at Manchester, UK August 18-22, 2002.
- Pathak C. S., Loknath M. S., Navale L. G., Sahasrabudhe A. D., Simulation of Transient Temperatures in TIG welding of Duplex Stainless Steel Plates and Its Experimental Investigations, presented in International Institute of Welding – International Congress, 8 – 10 January, 2008, Chennai INDIA
- C. S. Pathak, L G. Navale, A. D. Sahasrabudhe, and M. J. Rathod, Analysis of HAZ fracture toughness of Duplex Stainless Steel Weldment, Proceedings of the ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, VOLUME 4 Design and Manufacturing November 13-19, 2009, Florida, USA, ISBN: 978-0-7918-4377-2
- Charudatta Pathak, Jamal Dawood and Atul Padalkar, Effect of constraint on generation of residual stresses in weld joint, Proceedings of 3rd International Conference on Recent Trends in Engineering & Technology, 28 – 30 March 2014, Elsevier
- Jamal J. Dawood, Charudatta S. Pathak and Atul S. Padalkar, Investigations into effect of welding parameters on peak temperature during welding of duplex stainless steel plates, IIW International Congress – 2014, New Delhi, 10 – 12 April 2014
- Charudatta Pathak, L. G. Navale, Effect of stress reliving methods on fracture toughness of the weldment specimens, International Conference on Fracture and Damage Mechanics IV, 12-14 July, Mallorca, Spain
- Effect of stress reliving methods on fracture toughness of the weldment specimens, Advances in Fracture and Damage Mechanics – IV, EC Ltd. UK, ISBN 0-9547783-1-6, 2005
- Charudatta S Pathak, Laxman G Navale, Anil D Sahasrabudhe and Manoj J Rathod, Analysis of Thermal Cycle during Multi pass Arc Welding, May 2012, AWS Welding Journal, ISSN - 0043-2296. (19 citations)
- S. S. Mestry, C. S. Pathak, Fatigue life assessment by integration of damage differential method, International Journal of Applied Engineering, IJAE 2 (2012) 91 – 96, Published by Eureka Press, Singapore ISSN – 2010 4391
- Vishwajeet Belsare, Charudatta Pathak, Milind Kulkarni, Analysis of Passenger Bus Superstructure for Rollover Crashworthiness using FEM, International Journal of Applied Engineering, IJAE 2 (2012) 187 – 193, Published by Eureka Press, Singapore ISSN – 2010 4391
- Vishwajeet Belsare, Charudatta Pathak, Milind Kulkarni, Rollover Analysis of Passenger Bus as per AIS-031, International Journal of Engineering Research and Development, e-ISSN: 2278-067X, p-ISSN: 2278-800X, Volume 4, Issue 5 (October 2012), PP. 49-59
- S. V. Latkar, H. V. Vankudre, C. S. Pathak, Flexible Multi-Body Dynamic Analysis of Crankshaft System, International Journal of Applied Engineering, IJAE 2 (2012) 194 – 199, Published by Eureka Press, Singapore ISSN – 2010 4391, August 2013
- Seema S. Shinde, C. S. Pathak and Manoj Ukhande, Fatigue Life assessment of crankshaft under Bending and Torsional Loading, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), ISSN: 2278-0181, 2 (11), Nov-2013, 2197-2201
- Jamal Jalal Dawood, Charudatta Subhash Pathak and Atul Sitarm Padalkar, Investigations into effect of residual stresses on mechanical behavior of duplex stainless steel weld joint, International Journal of Advances in Engineering & Technology, January 2014. ISSN: 22311963 (1 Citation)
- Nilesh K. Rhataval, Dr. C. S. Pathak, Natural frequency estimation of headlamp fixture and its co-relation with experimental data, International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Research, e-ISSN No.:2349-9745, Volume 2, Issue 7, [July - 2015] Special Issue of ICRTET’2015 2-4 July, 2015, pp 1696-1702
- K. S. Kamble, H.V.Vankudre, C. S. Pathak, Applicability of Ride Comfort Standard ISO 2631-1(1997) on Indian Road Condition, International Engineering Research Journal (IERJ) Special Issue 2 Page 395-400, 2015, ISSN 2395-1621
- M. G. Vhanaje, S. R. Deshpande, C. S. Pathak, Injury Prediction Using Vehicle Accident Reconstruction and CAE Tools, International Engineering Research Journal (IERJ) Special Issue 2 Page 4658-4662, 2015, ISSN 2395-1621
- P. D. Kale, C. S. Pathak, Modeling and Analysis of Quarter Car Vehicle Ride Model Subjected to Base Excitation, International Engineering Research Journal (IERJ) Special Issue 2 Page 342-346, 2015, ISSN 2395-1621
- A.B. Dixit, T. S. Jadhav, C. S. Pathak, Design and Development of an Articulated Hinge for Double Oven, International Engineering Research Journal (IERJ) Special Issue 2 Page 659-664, 2015, ISSN 2395-1621
- Abhijit K Mane, C. S. Pathak, Analysis of Mechanical Behaviour of Welded Joint under Residual Stresses, International Engineering Research Journal (IERJ) Special Issue 2 Page 950-956, 2015, ISSN 2395-1621
- Pawar Abhishek, Pathak Charudatta, Fatigue Life Estimation of a Steering Knuckle, International Engineering Research Journal (IERJ) Special Issue 2 Page 1039-1043, 2015, ISSN 2395-1621
- Akshay Bhapkar, C. S. Pathak, Analysis of Modified Front Suspension of Three Wheeled Passenger vehicle, International Engineering Research Journal (IERJ) Special Issue 2 Page 1254-1260, 2015, ISSN 2395-1621
- Surabhi Chougule, Dr. C. S. Pathak, Rahul P. Mokhadkar, Development of Correlated Model of the Radiator Assembly Including Radiator Core and Charge Air Cooler Core of a Genset, International Engineering Research Journal (IERJ) Special Issue, Page 184-189, 2016, ISSN 2395-1621
- Dhirajkumar D. Saindane, Charudatta S. Pathak, Swapnil S. Kulkarni and A. Satheesh, Investigation of the Structural Borne Noise Due to Suspension System in a Vehicle Cabin, International Journal of Control Theory and Applications, ISSN : 0974-5572, International Science Press, Volume 10 • Number 39 • 2017, pp 25-31
- Surbhi Razdan, Dr. C S Pathak, Dr. S Y Bhave, Dr. P J Awasare, Mathematical modeling and simulation of quarter car model of an active air suspension, International Journal of Academic Research and Development, ISSN: 2455-4197, Volume 3; Issue 1; January 2018; Page No. 63-69
- Surbhi Razdan, Suresh Y. Bhave, Charudatta Pathak, Pradeep J. Awasare, Active Air Suspension for a Vehicle Based on Control of Air Mass Flow Rate, International Review of Mechanical Engineering, Vol 12 (No 6), 2018, pp 501-515
Professional Experience [Year (Months)]
||Trainee Engineer (Tool Room)
|Project Lead, CAE